It's a New Year and it's time to get recruited to play college soccer. College coaches are preparing their spring season with games and recruiting. College coaches will have a busy schedule due to the timeline changes, but they will be on the look out for new recruits to come into their program.
What do you have to do to make sure you get on their list?
1. Make sure your Player Profile is set up and up to date! This is your online resume and college coaches need to see your Athletic and Academic Achievements, along with your references and contact info.
2. Soccer Highlight Videos are huge right now!! College Coaches are in front of their computers much more now. So it is very important that you have a quality Highlight Video that is eye catching and showcases your technical strengths and decision making in game situations. This is the best way for college coaches to get to know you as a player. If they like what they see, then you have a better chance of getting on their list to come watch you play! Make sure your best highlights are in the beginning and make sure your game footage is good.
3. Email college coaches that are on your list of target schools! Once you identify the schools that you are interested in, it is very important to email the coaching staff and express your interest in their school and program. College coaches receives hundreds of emails so you have to make sure you stand out with a personal email including your Player Profile link and your Highlight Video link. IF you don't have a Highlight Video, you have a smaller chance of getting on their list.
4. Attend College ID Camps! There are a couple different types of ID Camps to choose from.
- College ID Camps with a variety of college coaches from all different schools. I recommend these types of camps for players that are in the early stage of the process and still considering multiple options.
- College specific ID Camps hosted by the University. I recommend these camps for players that are in latter stages of the process and they are narrowing down their decision on which school to attend.
- Links to recommended ID Camps.
- EXACT ID Camps
- Future 500 ID Camps
- IMG Academy ID Camps
- Legends ID Camp
The college soccer recruiting process is not easy and it is more difficult now due to COVID-19 restrictions, changes with NCAA rules and regulations, changes with recruiting timelines and dead periods.
But this also opens up opportunities for players to think outside the box and find alternative ways to get recruited to play college soccer.
Players that are proactive with the college recruiting process will get have an advantage once April 15th hits and college coaches will be allowed to do live recruiting for soccer.
Don't miss out on your opportunity and get ahead of the game!